Old 09-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Roger Snipes

I don't know about the Thuja, but a Dwarf Alberta Spruce reversion to Picea
glauca isn't all that uncommon. It happened to one in my front yard a few
years ago (I cut it off), and there is one in a yard about a mile from me
that has had the reversion growing undisturbed for many years. The owner
just ignores it, and it is now quite a bit taller than the main plant; it
looks really bad.

Here is a link to a picture of a typical reversion:
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ldplants/piglc3.htm

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5-ish