Old 08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
David Rance

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 Phil L wrote:

I've attempted to keep a plant bought from the supermarket but i think they
are trained to die once they leave the store!
I love corriander and want to grow some next year if possible because the
dried stuff is useless, I've read a few snippets in here about it being
notoriously difficult to grow, has anyone successfully managed it and how? -
which variety? obviously it's going to be seasonal, so another question, can
it be frozen as it is for soups/curries etc or does it lose it's flavour
like the dried variety?

Why don't you grow it from seed? I've managed to do it successfully with
seed from a supermarket designed for culinary use.

Grow it in the same way that you would grow parsley.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK