Old 08-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
David Rance wrote:
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 Phil L wrote:

I've attempted to keep a plant bought from the supermarket but i think they
are trained to die once they leave the store!
I love corriander and want to grow some next year if possible because the
dried stuff is useless, I've read a few snippets in here about it being
notoriously difficult to grow, has anyone successfully managed it and how? -
which variety? obviously it's going to be seasonal, so another question, can
it be frozen as it is for soups/curries etc or does it lose it's flavour
like the dried variety?

Why don't you grow it from seed? I've managed to do it successfully with

Grow it in the same way that you would grow parsley.

At 15 degrees Celcius higher, and 4 times the light levels!

Don't even THINK of growing it in the same conditions as parsley,
as the latter is quite happy at 5 Celcius and in our dim religious
spring and autumn. Coriander is not ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.