Old 09-09-2005, 04:49 AM

Default bamboo as a Neighbor-Divida?

Hi,
We have an apartment complex (2 stories) right againt our back yard
fence. We've been thinking for some time about putting in Arbor Vitae
to give us some privacy, but have been considering the expense and the
length of time it will take to grow tall enough to give us some measure
of privacy. And, the amount of care involved.
A garden store representative recently recommended bamboo. I've looked
at a few varieties that are very beautiful and have been impressed by
their hardiness, amount of care needed and fast growing ability! But,
I'm concerned that they are a non-native invasive plant that may cause
more problems down the road.
We live in Portland Oregon.
Any suggestions?