Old 09-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Tiger303 Tiger303 is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
In I prune mine in late winter/early spring, once the goldfinches have stripped the seeds. By that time new growth is happening, so I can cut
back a long way without cutting back beyond the re-growth. Cutting
lavender back too far can kill the plant as they don't shoot well from
the part of the branch which isn't actively putting out new growth.
Guessing that about end of March, but obviously it will differ as i think were in differnt parts of country.

If you don't mind i may come back and ask for some more advice at the time, because i had a look yesterday and below the flower stalk there seem to about 6 set of leaves of each stem, 3 on each side.

So do i cut each one of these 6 leaves back individually or do i find the lowest leaf which is regrowing and cut the stem off above that and then trim that leaf?

cheers