Old 28-12-2002, 02:32 PM
SusieThompson

Default greengage - advice please

I have just bought a greengage - Reine Claude Doree. Is this greengage
self-fertile? Another thing - is it wind or insect pollinated - our new
garden is going to be in what can be quite a windy corner of the island,
but should be reasonably well drained. I've read that most of the plum
family are frost tolerant, and I assume that this one is too. I wonder
if it will "do" OK up here on Arran where it can be very wet as well as
very windy? I hope it will be fruitful - I just adore ripe greengages
picked straight from the tree. Thanks for all your help over the past
years - happy new year for 2003.
--
Susie Thompson, Isle of Arran
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to