Old 10-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Pseud O. Nym wrote:
This year I have a large crop of Pomegranites on my trees, but I have yet
to discover any practical use for them.

[...]

You can cut them open, and suck on the seedy pulp inside, and then spit
out the kernels; I never did like doing that, but a ripe pomegranate
does have a very nice unique flavour, which may make the exercise
worthwhile for you. You can also press the pulp to remove the kernels
and make jelly or syrup, both of which are good on icecream and waffles.
Or mix the pulp with water, sugar, and/or other fruitjuices, to make a
pleasant drink (which can be iced, or, um, lightened up with dash of
vodka.)

You ask about pomegranate recipes. Google on "pomegranate recipes." NB
the spelling - google won't know what a "pomegranite" is. :-)

BTW, the pulp is edible before the pomegranates look ripe, which is why
the kids relieved you of the bother of dealing with them. :-)

HTH&HF