Old 10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Justa Lurker

Default Status of Tomatoes grown in Central NJ (Monmouth County) garden [willthey ever get red ?]

I was also one of those people wondering if/when my tomatoes would ever
ripen and be ready for picking. I had almost given up hope....everyday
I would check the garden and they would still be green :-(

BTW, I planted them around the last week of May or thereabouts.

Finally, the holdouts have suddenly begun to ripen. Perhaps it's the
cooler (relatively speaking) weather lately ? We sure haven't had much
rain these last couple of weeks.

I posted two digital pictures (taken this morning) for you to see at

http://m-r-baker.blogspot.com/

One is of today's "harvest", and the other is fairly representative of
the dozen or two remaining on the vines.

This is my first year gardening with any kind of serious intent, so
everything is "new" to me. If you have any comments or suggestions
after taking a look at the photos, then I'd be glad to hear them. Maybe
they will be useful to some of the other beginners too !

P.S. My wife ---and the friends with whom we have shared the
tomatoes--- assure me that they taste great which is nice to hear :-)