Old 11-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Bill Neff

In a message dated 9/6/2005 4:22:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

In some of the books it is recommended to layer soil in bonsai pots. With
larger particles toward the bottom and getting smaller going up.
This was probably done to promote good drainage, BUT, we no longer do this
and just use the proper soil (depending upon the species of plant, stage of
development, etc.) for the entire pot,

I find it interesting that the students of a major artist are still taught
this method. And many member of my club swear by putting a drainage layer in
pots. Not trying to start any arguements just an observation.

Bill

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++