Old 11-09-2005, 05:00 AM
John Crichton

Tom Jaszewski wrote:

http://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/extens...Fescue1-04.pdf

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:12:54 -0700, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

write my office address and I'll send a label. I've had good success
although it's getting near the end of active bermuda growth.

tjaszatmiragedotcom

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:22:41 GMT, John Crichton
wrote:

I am looking for a herbicide that will kill bermuda grass but will not
harm fescue. I have been using Acclaim, which will stunt the growth of
bermuda but does not really kill it. Anyone know a herbicide that will
do more to bermuda than just make it sad?

Thanks

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

Thanks Tom. Just one clarification. The document has graphs labled (1
WAIT), (12 WAIT), (16 WAIT), etc.. I assume that WAIT means Weeks After
Initial Treatment. Is this correct. Also, they give application rates
per acre (like Acclaim Extra (AE) + Turflon Ester (TE) 28 oz + 16 oz/a
which I assume means 28 oz of Acclain Extra + 16 oz of Turflon Ester per
acre. At this point the bermuda has not become so invasive as to need
to treat the entire lawn. Basically I am spot treating with a 2 gallon
pump up sprayer. How would I convert these application rates to
oz/gallon of water for spot treatment application.

Thanks again