Old 11-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Travis

Knack wrote:
David Ross wrote:
In the meantime, the Los Angeles Times today reported that the
Army Corps of Engineers repeatedly asked for more funds to
renovate and strengthen the levies around New Orleans. But
President Bush and Congress repeatedly cut the funding to half or
less than what the Army requested.

There was a matching fund for levi maintenance and improvement that
was misappropriated by the city of NO and the state of L. The money
was there for the levis, but instead it got spent on other projects
such as the renovation of the city's Mardi Gras fountain and the
construction of a new state supreme courthouse. If federal funding
had been cut during the years preceding the tragedy (which I doubt
is accurate if that report is coming from The LA Times) then
perhaps those earlier misspent funds had something to do with it.

I didn't see anyone on TV wearing Levi's.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5