Old 11-09-2005, 05:19 PM
G Burton

Please don't respond to any of my postings or postings by others who
reply to my postings.

I had a posting named "Dry spots in the lawn", to which you responded.
I appreciated your help at first, although it later turned out that you were
wrong about some major points. With no one making an issue of your
mistakes, you disagreed with some people who were correct. You wound up
calling one of the people (who did give me good information) an idiot.
Later you posted to the group that I wasn't smart enough to understand good
solutions. It was an active conversation with a lot of good ideas (except
yours) and no one else dropped to that level. We don't need that stuff.

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message
On 11 Sep 2005 04:05:16 -0700, wrote:

" I can't tell from the pictures if I have Nutsedge or not. I will
wait
until I get a seedhead and take it to my nursery. "

You may be waiting a long time. Nutsedge is a tuber, so it doesn't
produce a seed head. One way to identify nutsedge is by when it
grows. It only becomes a problem when it's hot and there is a lot of
water present. Then when you mow the lawn, a couple days later you
will see blades sticking up a lot higher than the grass.

Nutsedge HAS a seed head
http://www.rce.rutgers.edu/weeds/full.asp?nutsedge

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a
pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold