Old 11-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Gae Xavier

User Example wrote:
Treedweller wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:12:52 GMT, "Chris" wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the fir trees are dying in Austin? Forgive
me if
I'm wrong on the type of tree (evergreen, pine needles, look "furry"
from a
distance).

What gives with that? They start on a small portion by turning
brown. Soon
it spreads to engulf the entire tree until it's completely brown and
wilted.
It's very sad to see such nice, big trees die.
Chris

I don't know about that but something weird has happened across the
street from my house. Last year, 2 big trees suddenly died in this one
yard. Not sure of the tree type... something like a birch maybe... I
don't know.

This year, the house beside it just had 2 big bradford pear trees
suddenly die. And by suddenly I mean one week they were green and then
a couple weeks later the leaves are brown and falling off.

What would do such a thing? Seems too weird to be just a coincidence. I
looked and didn't see any kind of tree damage to any of them.

Well, how long has it been since we had rain? Every tree I have has been
under considerable stress from the drought.

My fig tree turned yellow and started dropping leaves until I watered it.

I looked out one day and my huge mimosa had dropped all it's fronds on
the yard -- until I watered it.

The peach trees were all wilted until I watered them.

My neighbor lost all the leaves on her cottonwood -- she's out of town
for the summer. A red bud bit the dust also in her yard.

A pine tree down the road has died. No rain and nobody has watered it
all summer long.

Everything I am seeing in my neighborhood is totally due to the drought
we have been in and no one is watering their trees. A live oak and some
cedars can survive it, but even they can get sick in a drought if no one
waters them.

Thank the good Lord, it's raining today!

Gae Xavier,
REALTOR, Stanberry & Assocs.
http://www.stanberry.com/