Old 11-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Walter R.

What works for me: (Also in California)

I stop watering until the plant shows stress (slight wilting). Then I
increase water incrementally until the plant prospers. I use many drip
circuits.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"G Burton" wrote in message
I live in Fairfield, California, Western Garden Zone 14. I am having a
hard time figuring how much I should water my plants. My drip system is
fairly accurate; so if I know the number of gallons per week (during peak
watering time) for my plants, I should be able to get it right.

I have been told that a "small shrub" should get about 10 gallons per
week, but I don't know whether that applies here or not. Is there any
place that I can get better information?

I would like this information for specific plants as well, if possible.
Some of the plants I have a Hydrangeas, Persimmon tree, Crape Myrtle
trees, Lemon tree, Jade plants, Cymbidiums, Roses.

--
Loudette Burton