Old 11-09-2005, 05:59 PM
David Bockman

Tom Jaszewski wrote in
:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:02:41 GMT, David Bockman
wrote:

"Tony Pacc" wrote in
:

I live in Wisconsin ,Is a Linden tree a desirable tree ,I just had a
Norway maple cut down because of girdling roots,and now my yard
looks naked.Thanks

Yes, a very desirable shade tree. Hardy from Zones 3b to 7. (Tilia
cordata).

Planting Tilia cordata may give him a tree with poor branch structure,
better to make an informed recommendation.

Tilia cordata 'Greenspire' has improved branching habits, or consider
Tilia X 'Redmond'

Better to make a truly informed recommendation. 'Greenspire' is much more
susceptible to sunscalding and loose bark associated with 'weedwacker
damage' or when hedged. Have a nice day Tom,

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums