Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Emery Davis

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 07:52:48 -0500, "Tony Pacc" said:

] I live in Wisconsin ,Is a Linden tree a desirable tree ,I just had a Norway
] maple cut down because of girdling roots,and now my yard looks naked.Thanks
]

Certainly a very desirable tree, a Linden, commonly Tilia Cordata,
may get large -- to 30 m and a pretty fast grower.

Sweet smelling flowers attract bees, and make a very nice tea.
We give Linden flowers each year as gifts. Good shade, nice
yellow fall color.

Drawbacks are it suckers freely, does not withstand wind well,
(a lot of breakage) and the seed pods make a big mess to clean up.

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to