Old 11-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Anonny Moose

"limey" wrote in message
Well, I think I've lost heart for gardening, after trying at this house.

I'm feeling the same way, but I'm in the desert and the culprits destroying
my plants are woodrats, mice and burros. If you think a deer is hard to
move, try moving a stubborn ass! A clever woodrat has even taken to building
a nest in the engine compartment of my truck - complete with gallons of
mesquite beans, cactus pieces, thorny sticks and burro dung. I clean it all
out and park the truck in a different place and the little critter manages
to find it and start all over again. It has so far eluded the traps forcing
us to put out poison tonight before any more damage is done to the engine.
In the meantime, the cactus and newly planted trees are surrounded by wire
cages. *sigh*

Karen