Old 11-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Doug Kanter

"limey" wrote in message
Well, I think I've lost heart for gardening, after trying at this house.

Squirrels and birds stripped the peach and apple trees. Squirrels also
attacked the tomatoes.

The deer this year are really bad. First, in the spring they ate my
lilies. Then, during the season they stripped the tomato vines and/or ate
the tomatoes. They then went to work on the cucumbers. After that, they
ate the rhubarb leaves (I hope they got belly aches), but left the
decimated stalks.

At lunchtime today, I watched a doe and her fawn eat the hydrangea
vegetation, then the peony leaves, then they started on the azaleas in the
back yard. I tried to shoo them off but they must have moved at least 12
inches then stared at me. Next, I suppose, they will be destroying the
foundation plants. Give me a break.

Dora

Do you know anyone who hunts deer with a bow and arrow? Seriously.