Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Gail Futoran

wrote in message
ups.com...

Thanks for reminding me of the ARS link. I actually have it
bookmarked, just didn't think to look there. Apparently my benign
neglect method is perfect for my area. I do know enough to stop
deadheading and fertilizing. The roses that are blooming right now are
drop dead beautiful. I'm really impressed with my two Buck roses. If
they handle the winter like they should I may plant nothing but Bucks
in the future.

Beth
Zone 7

I love it when benign neglect works! You can
see the kind of gardener I am.

My first Buck rose was "Distant Drums". I have
really enjoyed it and got two more (now have
3). They do well which is weird because it's
hot as you-know-what around here, especially
this summer. Apparently they aren't only adapted
to the cold.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8