Old 11-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Lol

Hi

I am not sure I approve of what you plan - but it is easy for me, I don't
have the problem :-)

I have just the thing for you - but sadly I don't know it's name. It is a
tall bush/shrub - mine is about 8ft high, has almost circular leaves about
the size of a 10p piece, which start off green but soon turn a beautiful
purple/maroon colour. Hidden along it's brances are some really nasty 3/4
inch spikes, which used to catch me out regularly until I bought some
thicker gloves.

Can anyone help me to put a name to this please ?

regards Lol

"H Ryder" wrote in message
What about pyrocanthia (firethorn)? This is an evergreen very spiky bush
which can easily be trained to grow up a fence, has very pretty berries
(red, orange or yellow) in autumn and white flowers in spring. It is more
self supporting than a rose so will not pull your fence further over.
Hayley