Old 12-09-2005, 05:11 AM
madgardener

"DrLith" wrote in message
Pseud O. Nym wrote:
Well, the simplest thing to do is to just eat them--the seed-filled part
inside is all edible. The bead-like red juicy things are called "arls,"
and the seed inside has lots of fiber. If you don't like the crunch, you
can whirl them in a blender and then strain through a big mesh strainer
(kind of like straining mashed rasberries when you want a seedless juice).

The seeds are good on salads (spring greens, pomegranate seeds, walnut,
bleu cheese, ohmygod, do you think you could mail me one now?!). Or you
can use them for topping desserts in a manner similar to berry fruits.
More ideas at www.pomegranates.org

I'm with Dr. Lith, I adore them. I always wind up paying huge amounts for
them around Thanksgiving to add to my famous fruit salad bowl. The
crunchiness of the seeds doesn't seem to bother anyone when they consume my
fruit salad. It has eleven kinds of fruit, marshmallows, pecans, English
walnuts, and CoolWhip for a bit of fluff. It usually lasts about three days
at the amount I wind up with once all the fruit is cut up. When I
discovered Pomegranates and how wonderful they were, they became a part of
my fruit salad bowl for our yearly feast. I wish you'd send me a few
too....g a small box would be
madgardener who loves pomegranates and can't imagine a syrup for waffles and
pancakes and crapes.........yummmmmmmmmmm