Old 12-09-2005, 05:15 AM
Suzy O

Hello, Tony,

I've read the other responses to your question and just have this to add

ALL maple trees can develop girdled roots if not planted properly. See the
University of Wisconsin Extension bulletin on Maple Decline, which has some
great photos of maple root problems:
http://cecommerce.uwex.edu/pdfs/A2532.PDF.

As far as a linden or any other replacement, check out the UW Extension's
Guide to Selecting Landscape Plants for Wisconsin:
http://cecommerce.uwex.edu/pdfs/A2865.PDF. Lindens are listed on page 4.

Suzy O
Milwaukee, WI, Zone 5 -- still summer weather and loving it!!

-- Plant questions? Call your local County Cooperative Extension office:
http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/. Milwaukee County: 414-290-2410.
"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I live in Wisconsin ,Is a Linden tree a desirable tree ,I just had a Norway
maple cut down because of girdling roots,and now my yard looks
naked.Thanks