Old 30-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Emrys Davies

Default Worm Casts

'Ellen',

You need a garden besom (broomstick)

http://www.miniaturesbywoodworks.co..../garden_3.html

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/lifestyle/h...wormcasts.html

and this, when you have mastered the art of using it with a
swinging\sweeping action with your arms outstretched, will amply deal
with the problem.

You can obtain one for about £10 or less from most garden centres.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Ellen Grover" wrote in message
I know it is desirable to have worms in the ground but my grass is

just a
mass of little muddy heaps. I dare not walk on it as it just becomes

squadge of mud. When the weather becomes drier will it be possible to
remove this before I use the mower ? I have a rotary mower but wonder

if a
'Hover' would be better as the ground is so wet and muddy. Any advice

will
be gratefully received.
Thanks, Ellen