Old 12-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Jim Gremel

Nina:

Thanks for your post. I print out a hard copy of almost everything you
write - does that get me in your fan club?

Jim, who reads (cherishes) everything Nina writes

On Sep 12, 2005, at 8:01 AM, Nina wrote:

Natural soil occurs in "horizons", but this layering occurs because of
a combination of weathering, microbial activity, and most especially,
the action of water on a large horizontal surface. Phenomena such as
"perching" have meaning when you are talking about a surface area of
acres; it has NO meaning in a bonsai pot with a surface area of square
inches interrupted in each direction by the SIDE OF A POT. There is no
need to worry about soil structure in a bonsai pot as long as the soil
is well-draining and the pot has good drainage holes.

Nina.

*********
++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
*********
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/
--

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail