Old 12-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Kitsune Miko

The only time I have seen evidence of perching is when I do an emergency repot in the middle of summer because the plant is stressed and the roots on the bottom of the pot are no longer healthy. That lower root layer seems to be a barrier for new roots to move through. A couple of years later and that layer if roots is still not penetrated.

I have used and not used layers. I have never created a layer where the roots do not penetrate.

Kits

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++