Old 12-09-2005, 05:29 PM
limey

"bigjon" wrote in message
limey decided to add:

...........and fences aren't allowed here.

why ?

The homeowners association has very restrictive covenants.

ok, so move or alter things....

Something here may help more than a shotgun (presumably also frowned upon)
http://www.plantskydd.com/ - repel deer
http://www.pestproducts.com/birdx/BXquadblaster.htm - repel rodents/birds
http://www.pestproducts.com/scare.htm - scare loads of critters
http://www.bugs2020.com/ - repel bugs, spiders, ants, mice, insects,
moles,
raccoons, skunk, possum, just about everything!!

Well, in spite of it all we don't want to move. Thanks for your links to
repellents and I think that's the way we'll have to go. I've also read
that planting marigolds around the crops will deter them (can't say I blame
them - I don't like the smell either). This problem became much worse when
the neighbor across the road put down a salt lick, so the deer were
attracted to our yard on their way to the salt.
Their habits are extremely hard to break.

Dora