Old 12-09-2005, 08:46 PM

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:58:41 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
.. .
On 12 Sep 2005 00:31:05 -0700, "Martha"
wrote:

Thanks,

I know this is a beginner question, but what does the Dtps. signify?
And do you happen to have a description of the plant?
--Vic

I shouldn't be so helpless. I found a photo, but the first question
stands.

http://groups.msn.com/BHGFriendlyGar...o&PhotoID=4337
--Vic

Nine flowers on one inflorescence; flowers pure white centrally
peppered with medium fuchsia dots on all segments; lip white,
edged in deep gold and yellow on upper edge of midlobe and lower
edges of side lobes, callus bright yellow dotted with fuchsia;
substance firm; texture glistening.

This is the award description for the Dtps Malibu Leopard 'Zuma
Canyon' HCC/AOS. The cross was registered in 1996. The
natural spread is 9.9 with a vertical of 8.1,
SuE

Makes you wonder about the veracity of the ID in the photo, since the
description says the lip is white and yellow yet the photo shows a red
lip.....

K Barrett

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me then. I thought I had
come close to figuring out what my phal was. I saw one in the store
that looked very, very similar. I think it even came from the same
grower. The tag on the store plant just gave the parent cross and not
the name.

Mine is similar to the picture, but with more yellow in the centre and
a less fuschia spotting on the white segments. The lip is definitely
fuschia although the tips tend to fade to white as the blooms age.
--Vic