Old 30-12-2002, 02:44 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Adzes?

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:23:59 +0000 (UTC), "Robert Bacon"
wrote:

I wonder if anybody remembers someone posting here about a year ago about
*Adzes* or* adzers* for digging/turning soil. They are spades or forks with
the spade bit at a right angle to the handle. I have done a google search
with no luck and wonder if anyone knows where I can buy one?

British nomenclature might be different from N. American, but to
my understanding, an adze is a wood-working tool. The
corresonding gardening tool is a "mattock".

I will refrain from mentioning the word "froe".

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada