Old 12-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Charlie Pridham

"newsb" wrote in message
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from "MELANIE MCDONALD" contains these

words:

While repotting some plants in my garden yesterday I noticed in almost
every
pot, (all around the edges and just below the surface of the compost) a
multitude of eggs. There are literally loads of them and I'm worried as

what they are. They are perfectly spherical and clear and quite big as

far
as eggs from insects etc would be. Probably just a bit bigger than this

'o'.
Anyone got any idea what they are and how i can get rid of them without
picking them all out by hand?

Probably snails' eggs, from the description. Just sprinkle slug pellets
over the soil in the pots and the emerging snails will commit suicide -
well, molluscicide - on them.

Or slow release fertilizer?

--
regards andyw

Not if clear, fertilizer are usually yellow or blue, my money is on snails,
I use liquid slug killer not pellets but the end result is much the same!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk