Old 13-09-2005, 01:51 AM

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:17:05 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"yue" wrote in message
roups.com...
Could anyone let me know how to tell the difference between a dill and
fennel plant. I think I have one in the garden with feathery leaves
and is about 6 feet tall. I checked some books in the library for both
plants' ID but I still can't tell the difference. Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

Good advice from everyone. But, if it smells like neither of those things,
wash your hands thoroughly with DISH LIQUID, rinse off the outside of the
bottle, and come back here and tell us. I had poison hemlock (the real deal)
in my yard back in the spring. It looked very much like fennel. I mention
this because although I certainly haven't seen everything the world has to
offer, I haven't seen 6 foot high fennel. Dill, yes. Fennel, no.

6 foot high bronze fennel sure, I got it, caterpillars all over.

I didn't know they got that big either, but since I planted it, I'm
sure of what it is. Flopping over too, I'll need to stake it so it
doesn't get in my lawn mower's path. Maybe bronze grows larger then
regular fennel?

Swyck