Old 12-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Steve

gdd001 wrote:
We have 2 trees in our garden,one produces Katy apples which are in an
abundance and the other is a hybrid which for the last 2-3 years now
produces next to nothing.
We have tried pruning this tree but still nothing and was wondering
whether anyone had any tips/remedies we could try please?

You don't know the name of the one that needs help? That might help to
understand the problem.
One possibility is a pollination problem. Obviously your productive
apple is getting pollinated. Does the other one bloom later when it's
the only tree in the area in bloom? Or, perhaps the first question
should be.... Does it bloom normally? If it has abundant flowers but
sets very few fruits that's one thing. If it only flowers sparsely in
the first place, that's a different problem.

Steve