Old 12-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Gail Futoran

"lvflowers" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gail,
Thank you so much for this information. Now I wonder if we trimmed the
roses incorrectly when we cut them back. We had instructions, but who
knows if we understood them. Now I am curious if we can save them or
not. Wish us luck. Thanks again!

I found the whole pruning process difficult
at first, despite having several books that
showed the process rather clearly. It just
takes some experience.

My husband cut back some young climbers
thinking they were bush roses. They never
did recover as climbers, although they've
done fine as bush roses.

Unless you cut the canes all the way down to
the bud union, you probably didn't hurt
the rose. Roses are pretty tough. They will
revert for all kinds of reasons, including
how vigorous is the scion (top part of the
plant), the planting depth, and so on.

Anyhoo, good luck. I hope your roses
come back.

Gail