Old 13-09-2005, 12:13 AM

My first Buck rose was "Distant Drums". I have
really enjoyed it and got two more (now have
3). They do well which is weird because it's
hot as you-know-what around here, especially
this summer. Apparently they aren't only adapted
to the cold.

The man were I bought several of my roses this year takes a rose garden
road trip most summers. He said he had a chance to see the Buck
gardens in Iowa(?) and it was hotter than Hades and they looked great.
My two have done very well with several weeks in a row with temps in
the nineties. And the nasty Central VA humidity.

Beth