Old 30-12-2002, 03:45 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Please help, my lemon tree is dying!

"Rachael wrote in message
My lemon tree has suddenly started dropping dozens of leaves. It is in a
slightly heated conservatory (never below 5) and has been inside since
October. It has just started dropping perfectly health green leaves. Any
ideas what might be wrong or what I might do? I don't see any signs of

any
bugs.

Doubt it's anything to do with pests or disease.
I expect it's a low light level problem coupled with the cold and possibly
too much water. (I hope not the latter or the roots are damaged too)

Ours are kept at min 50°F/10°C in a small greenhouse for the winter, we have
some orchids that demand such temperatures but the citrus seem to like it
too. Compost is kept just moist (never ever wet in winter or totally dry)
and they are fed with each light watering.
The change in light levels when brought inside will cause some loss of
leaves and ours have lost some too, however, they are also now putting on
new growth and flower buds are forming.

Lemons do like a more acid compost than other citrus so do try to use soft
rainwater when watering and ericaceous compost when repotting.

Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.