Old 13-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Rod & Betty Jo

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message

"To All My Fellow Americans Who Voted for George W. Bush:

On this, the fourth anniversary of 9/11, I'm just curious, how does it
feel?

How does it feel to know that the man you elected to lead us after we
were attacked went ahead and put a guy in charge of FEMA whose main
qualification was that he ran horse shows?

Actually he didn't really run horse shows but rather was commissioner of
judges and stewards for the International Arabian Horse Association at
apparently a $125,000 a year salary.....Since he was deputy chief of FEMA in
2001 and became chief in 2003 and has overseen 164 declared national
emergencies including 4 hurricanes last year, claiming he had no experience
is downright silly.

snip
C'mon, give me just a moment of honesty.
Don't start ranting on about how this disaster in New Orleans was the
fault of one of the poorest cities in America. Put aside your hatred
of Democrats and liberals and anyone with the last name of Clinton.
Just look me in the eye and tell me our President did the right thing
after 9/11 by naming a horse show runner as the top man to protect us
in case of an emergency or catastrophe.

I wonder if there is any relationship between them being "one of the poorest
cities" and the utter ineptitude they showed both before and following the
hurricane? With a police force when facing their greatest challenge largely
AWOL, hospitals, nursing homes etc. not evacuated, emergency communication
largely non existent......looting and attacks against rescuers instead of
locals rushing out to help.....even worse after just a week the mayor feels
his AWOL people need a Vegas vacation........if that is symptomatic of a ill
system I don't know what is....we do know that if the WTC was in New Orleans
there would not have been 400 police and firemen dead from rushing into the
towering infernal......But why blame those directly involved with a failed
disaster response when we can blame those whom are over a thousand miles
away?......Rod