Old 13-09-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Drip irrigation pressure puzzle

I have a couple of drip lines each about 15 feet in length. Some
emitters are installed directly in the main line and others are on
short lengths of 1/4 " tubing that then attaches to the main line.

I'm having trouble regulating the pressure. The small pressure
regulator I bought seems to have no effect and it's easy for me to get
fountains of water spurting even from 1/2 gallon per hour emitters. I
don't think that's what "drip" irrigation is supposed to do.

Most puzzling is that in one line I noticed that little water was
coming from an emitter about half way down the line, even though all
those beyond it were doing well. So I pulled the emitter out of the
tubing and the flow through the hole did not seem much different from
the flow through the emitters.

I'm looking for suggestions about how I might get this to work better.
Thanks for your attention.

Tom