Old 13-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Sacha

On 13/9/05 14:22, in article ,
"Draven" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...

snip
Is the contract gardening a
retirement venture or a sideline?
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Sacha,
I'm 36 years old, a scientist for Wessex Water and have been gardening since
I was 11 yrs.
For the last couple of years my Boss has approached me to do some planting
in particular areas of the site.
Quite basically a quote was obtained from the gardener contractors and then
I was asked how much could you do it for?

snip of amazing story
If we were more sure of ourselves we could have approached the other sites,
that Gardiners had lost the contract for (I think there was around 6 in
all), and done those too.

All I can say is what a truly wonderful outcome and that you deserve to
succeed and make yourself a lot of money out of this. Who ever said the
entrepreneurial spirit was dead?! We have a friend who was part-time
employed by SW Water to promote the planting of drought-tolerant plants, in
order to encourage water conservation. Next step a gravel garden in Beth
Chatto mode, perhaps? ;-) I wish you every possible bit of good luck - you
couldn't possible deserve it more.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)