Old 13-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

I am combining the 3 posts BRD made into one. Poor fellow, I skeered
him so bad it took him three tries to answer me.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:35:34 +0000, BRD
wrote:
Penelope Periwinkle Wrote:
BRD wrote:
snipped, as is right and polite-

more snippage
"ElissaAnn"

Okey dokey, artichoke. Seems like one of us needs to take a little
nap!

Seems like you've been napping, or is your brain dysfunctional from
the snake oil you've been consuming?

Maybe *you* should ask the Wizard for a heart, or some rage
counseling?

Must be the mineral deficiencies in my vegetables. Oh, wait, I eat
organic vegetables grown on organic soils. Oh, wait again, you reject
the notion that certified organic vegetables are truly organic. Prolly
part of that government conspiracy, huh? Of course, you haven't
offered any criteria on what constitutes an organic vegetable, either,
but let's not confuse the issue with facts, eh?

Again, didn't come here to start a war, or ruffle your feathers
Peen-A-Lope, and I do believe in organic gardening, just not the kind
provided in Supermarkets. So, this in no way affects the credibility of
you or 'those around you', because I'm trying to get information on home
gardening, which is what this site is about I take it?

If you had come here just for advice, that's what you would have asked
about; however, you devoted well over a hundred lines to your
fraudulent claims about depleted soils and government cover-ups. And,
yes, your faux science does damage the credibility of people with real
science who are trying to coax others into trying a few organic
solutions to gardening problems.

Or just do a Google search for Senate Document 264. You'll come up with
a lot of interesting things to read, and maybe you can direct your
uncalled for rage at them.

Funny how every single site that comes up in a Google search on
"Senate Document 264" is a commercial site, and each and everyone has
the "cure" for the "problem". Not one site that isn't trying to sell
you something. Of even more interest are the sites that come up when
you google on Senate Document 264 and "debunk" or "quackary".

But I wanted to have some information that carried a little weight, so
I started at James Randi's site, and followed links to the National
Council Against Health Fraud, a not-for-profit organization.
http://www.ncahf.org/. Searching their web site turned up this
little tidbit: http://www.ncahf.org/nl/1998/1-2.html Scroll a little
past half way down the page and you'll find this under "DEAD DOCTORS"
DOESN'T DIE

"The most recent contribution to the body of counter information is
offered by Donald Davis, PhD, of the University of Texas at Austin.
Davis located "Senate Document 264" cited by Wallach as evidence that
99% of Americans are deficient in minerals. It turns out that the
"document" is nothing more than the reprinting of a highly speculative
article about a passing fad written by a Florida farmer in the June,
1936, issue of Cosmopolitan magazine as requested by Florida's Senator
Fletcher. Fletcher died 16 days after requesting that the government
printing office reprint the article."

Did ya get that? The famous Senate Document 264 is a reprint of an
article from Cosmopolitan.

Your research on "nutrient deficiencies among the 'civilized' areas of
the world." is based on a 1936 article from Cosmo magazine!

Of course, the nice thing about believing in government conspiracies
is that you can squeal "but..but that's what the government and the
eeeeevil pharmaceutical companies *want* you to believe!"

May I offer you your own advice?

"And before you post again, please be sure to at least read that *one*
article before outright refusing any possible information that is
contrary to what you believe. "

And if you put int Senate Document 264 in Google, you'll find
information on Peoples that are Healthier, live longer, and have none
of the 'common' diseases that we do, I.E. Diabetes, Angina, Cancer,
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, depression...and the list goes on.

I'm assuming you're referring to Type II diabetes? It's not caused by
deficiencies, but by excesses. A high fat, low fiber diet with lots of
simple carbohydrates (as opposed to complex) with little exercise
predisposes an individual to Type II Diabetes. So, while you might see
less Type II Diabetes in a third world country, it has very little to
do with the soil in which they grow their crops.

Angina? Angina is a symptom of coronary artery disease, the most
common type of heart disease. Coronary Artery Disease occurs when
plaque builds up in the coronary arteries.Once again, angina is most
often a symptom of excess, not deficiency.

There are multiple causes of cancer, just as there are multiple types
of cancer, so that's a little vague to tackle in a Usenet post;
besides the fact that cancer does happen to people in third world
countries. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is caused by a virus, not
nutritional deficiencies. And depression is another condition with
multiple causes, and also occurs in third world countries.

So, your disease theory is full of holes, too.

Penelope, off to rage at a man about a cricket.