Old 13-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Sarah Dale

Rhiannon Macfie Miller wrote:
Ack. A concatenation of circumstances (moving house, followed by the
seeds I ordered being sent to the old address) meant that I was very
late in getting the seeds sown. So they're only just now beginning to
set, and none of them are approaching ripe yet. We were planning on
taking them into the conservatory when it started getting cold. Is that
not viable?

Rhiannon,

You might be lucky and get whatever crop is there already to ripen with
a move to the conservatory.

Peppers are actually perennial if kept warm enough over winter, I've
tried it once in my cold conservatory - they dropped all their leaves
but did live through the winter, and went on to have a so-so summer the
year after.

Its got to be worth a try - certainly I'm planning on shifting my
peppers and chillis into the conservatory very soon to try and extend
the cropping by a few weeks.

Sarah