Old 14-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Davy

Default Are These Plums?

We have just moved into a house with a large garden in Wiltshire and there
seem to be two trees and shrubs bearing ripe plums.

However, I don't want to be poisoned due to incorrect identification. Does
anybody know of a website that provides identification? Are any plum-like
bushes/trees poisonous?

The fruits are round and now ripe.

One plant is bushy, about 10ft high, has oval pointed fine-toothed leaves
about 3cm long. Fruit light-red about size of a cherry. They taste like
plums.

The other is a tree, has oval pointed fine-toothed leaves about 6cm long.
The fruits are bright yellow, twice the size of a cherry. I haven't tried
tasting these.

cheers

Davy