Old 14-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Davy

I have found that tea bags soaked in Jayes Fluid can prevent foxes and cats
fouling particular areas. It cheap and simple.

cheers

Davy

"Moon~Shadow" wrote in message
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help. We have just finished putting

slate
around our front garden but a dog keeps fouling on it and a neighbours cat
too. We have put 'scent off' down which works for so long and then it
starts again. We have a fair idea who's dog it is and a neighbour has had

similar problem and spoke to the owner. I have contacted the council who
say 'we must see it, or take a photo'. The trouble is we never see it
'doing it' but do see it wandering around - it takes itself for a walk

each
day (different times). The neighbours cat has never covered its mess and
the neighbours are ones that don't give a hoot. We have a ranch fence

down
both sides of the garden and are considering putting mesh over the timbers
to stop the cat from coming through. The bottom part of the front garden

is
open and may result in us having more fence/shrubs and a gate put on so

the
dog can't get up the path.

I'm loathe to fence the whole garden in but I don't see what else I can

do!
When it doesn't foul our garden, it goes to another one but not to the
scruffy overgrown one next door to us but further down the street. I

don't
know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much as it
would for extra fencing.

Apologies for the long post but getting fed up with it and any
advice/suggestions appreciated.