Old 14-09-2005, 08:17 PM
salgud

Diana Kulaga wrote:
"Starvation" works for some orchids, but with Phals I wouldn't want to take
that chance. Phals have nowhere to store moisture and nutrition. I believe a
starvation regimen used on a Phal would lead to a sad plant in pretty short
order.

Just my 2 cents.

Diana

Thanks! Probably worth more than that. What would you reccommend to get
a phal to bloom?
This one's potted in a very unusual way. I mentioned it in a thread
here when I found it last summer. It's in a hour glass shaped vase. The
potting material is held up in the top by the narrow part at the
center. There is normally water in the wider bottom part. It's a very
nice green color, so it looks pretty nice. I tracked down the lady who
potted it and she did it for last year's orchid show. Had found it in a
book about Victorian era orchids. Apparently this was a very popular
way to pot them back then.
Am interested in your ideas on how to get my Phal to bloom.