Old 15-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Ray

It has more to do with newer technology than with marketing.

There is nothing that can be used just once and be effective, and malathion
is as old as the hills.

Newer technologies require multiple treatments to kill everything, as does
malathion. The newer stuff is simply more effective.

If you really want to do it right and avoid the development of resistant
insect strains, go with IGR's - some of the newest technology.

"?" wrote in message
rg...
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:07:05 -0400 in
Al wrote:
It is somewhat counter intuitive but there seems to be a number of
chemicals
that we use as pesticides that stimulate fecundity and act to cause a
resurgence weeks or months after the application of either the target
pest,
or other insects and/or their predator populations that just happened to
be
in the way. I remember learning in Pest management class that the
product

Call me a cynic, but this seems like an inspired way to sell more
pesticides...

Let's be honest, you're a PHB at a pesticide company, which would you
pick to market, the one that you apply once and you're done for the year,
or the one where you apply it once, it seems to resolve the problem,
and a few weeks later they are back stronger than ever...

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil