Old 14-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Kathy

"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message
Hello all,

I bought feeder goldfish when I started my pond as a good beginner fish.

These fish were every conceivable colour but all under 2 inch in length.

Two years later some of these fish have grown to be a good 4 or 5 inches
long but some have only grown to less than 3 inches.

My question is, what kind of goldfish do I have that would grow over 4
inches. Could they be comets ?

Thanks

Many common goldfish grow to 12 inches, if treated well. I have 7 that I got
as feeders, only a inch long about 5 years ago, and they are now 12inches
long. Their babies are about 6 inches long and they are only 3 years old.
Some of the size of the fish depends on the size of your pond. In the 150
gallon pond they are only 6 to 8 inches long, but in the 300 gallon pond
they got to 12 inches. So pond size has a lot to do with it. KathyAZ