Old 15-09-2005, 12:15 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On 14 Sep 2005 07:07:14 -0700, "rburr49" wrote:

We have had our 250 gallon pond for around six years and now 7 Koi in
it -

How deep is your current pond? The reason I ask is because since your koi
have grown up in this pond, and if it is under 3' deep, they may not be
able to take being in a pond deeper than 3'. This has something to do with
the water pressure, their age and their muscle conditioning.

Can we release them into the wild? (There's a nice NT place near us
that has a pond full of carp but we suspect if we asked permission they
would say no).

What's NT? If a private lake or pond (not the wild), ALWAYS ask.
You could find out that they eat what they catch. Or they poison the
lake/pond periodically because of other people putting in strays without
asking. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~