Old 15-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Our toilet valve refills as we get evaporation. We drain the barrels
and the berm ponds annually to dump the muck form the pond. That does
actually mean turning over 1000 of 4000 gakllons. That is an annual 25%
change over...staged. We have monitored the water chemistry and it does
not seem affected by the low change rate. My observation is that the
pond does a good bit of topping up, which should be concentrating the
minerals.

Jim

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:34:35 -0500, Phyllis and Jim Hurley
wrote:

We have not changed
out our water in the seven or so years we have had the pond.

Not even 10% water changes? ~ jan

hotpepper see: http://www.vcnet.com/koi_net/finalnet.html#waterchange