Old 15-09-2005, 01:53 AM
CanadianCowboy

I feed the fish koi pellets but only once a day as many as they can eat
in 5 minutes. The pond is small at less than 500 Gallons with about 30
fish. I only have a small bio filter in the pond for filtration.

Reel Mckoi wrote:

"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message

Hello all,

I bought feeder goldfish when I started my pond as a good beginner fish.

These fish were every conceivable colour but all under 2 inch in length.

Two years later some of these fish have grown to be a good 4 or 5
inches long but some have only grown to less than 3 inches.

My question is, what kind of goldfish do I have that would grow over 4
inches. Could they be comets ?

Thanks

There could be several reasons they haven't grown to 10 or 12" long.
The quality of the water, the amount and the quality of the food you
feed them - and how often you feed them. How good your filtration
system is and how many gallons per fish is in your pond. If you give us
more information on these things we can better answer your questions.