Old 15-09-2005, 08:13 PM
**Developer**

Commonly, the leaves of this annual plant are called cilantro, a Spanish
name--while the seeds take their name from the Greek koros, or "bug," for
their reputedly "buggy" smell while still unripe.

"BinaryBill" wrote in message
.
"Dominic-Luc Webb" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, David Hare-Scott wrote:

You will get maybe 30 to 70 seeds per plant (rough guess) and the
viability
is quite high so you may not need to do all 1000 plants unless planning
on a
few acres for next year. Since coriander seed can be purchased in bulk
quite cheaply you would think there must be a way to do it that is
simpler
but I don't know what that is.

David

Thanks bunches! I am curious about bulk suppliers, anywhere on the
planet for such things. Actually I wanted celantro, which apparently
is not the same plant. Here in Sweden they charged me several dollars
for only about koriander 100 seeds, and just after I planted them a
friend came buy, laughed, and out of sympathy just gave me over a
thousand seeds. Most importantly, his seeds had much higher
growability (nearly 100%) than the commercial ones (less than 50%).
I bought celantro from the same supplier and none of the roughly
100 seeds ever popped up out of the soil. I would like to find a
good source for this.

Dominic

FYI Cilantro is spanish for coriander, they are the same plant