Old 15-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Klara

In message , Pam Moore
writes
But many of the flowering plants look unhappy too - the whole garden is
so very different from 30 years ago, so much more prone to diseases of
all sorts.

Klara, as far as I know only potatoes and tomatoes get this particular
blight. I'm not sure whether any other of the solanum family might be
affected. If you have had as little rain this summer as we have had
further west, that would explain why other things are looking sad. Many
of us have similar sad-looking plants. The rain of the last few days
may perk things up a bit but it is a bit late for some things.

Pam in Bristol

They look worse than wilted, Pam - brown blotches, black blotches, ....
probably all different sorts of fungal diseases?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin