Old 16-09-2005, 01:49 AM
John Savage

Lindsay writes:
John Savage wrote:
There was a short item, I think on ABC "landline" that some organization
(I'll credit the CSIRO in the absence of information to the contrary) has
developed a poison bait that is specific for feral cats.

John: I think you'll find it's for feral pigs

http://www.abc.net.au/ra/innovations...s/s1393875.htm

Did I hear somewhere there's 14 million feral cats in aus?

Dunno, I lost count. But what about feral camels? SMH Sept 12 reports that
Australian camels are doubling their numbers every 8 years, and unless
steps are taken to cull them, by the year 2053 "there could be 2 camels to
every person". Now, that got me thinking what I could do with my pair.
Might camels hold the key to avoiding the high petroleum prices during the
mid 21st century?

Then there was the news item yesterday about an enterprising bloke in
Germany (maybe his name was Len someone-or-other) who has been making
biodiesel from a mixed range of things, including cat bodies. These he
obtains from roadkills, he later explained. I don't know how the posties
in Germany get around, but anyone running a vehicle on fuel that smells
strongely of cats is just inviting to be chased!